Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Communism Sounds Great In Theory

Yesterday I was having a discussion with a 22 year old woman who was explaining the virtues of communism. After her explanation, I had to agree with her that communism is a wonderful idea in theory.

However, I pointed out that communism has always resulted in economic poverty, strict control from a central government, terror, loss of freedom and the deaths of millions. However, theoretically, it is a great idea for all of the people to share in everything equally.

The reason why communism has never worked as planned is because it goes against human nature.Human nature dictates that people are most productive when they keep the fruits of their labor, rather than everyone sharing equally.

Communism removes the human motivation to strive to be the best. Communism breeds mediocrity.

Many ideas sound great in theory but are impractical in reality. High taxes on the rich is one of those ideas. It is counterproductive and will lead to "trickle down poverty".

I base my views on my personal experience, reason and common sense. http://garyganu.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment